This website is a work-in-progress and newly digitized materials, as well as new materials, will be added to it regularly. You may cite from and reproduce portions of the material, within standard copyright guidelines, provided credit to the source is acknowledged appropriately.
List of Chapters within Books:
- "Black and White Together: A Reconsideration" [Published in Reassessing Civil Rights edited by Ellen Frankel Paul, Fred D. Miller, Jr., and Jeffrey Paul (Cambridge, MA: Blackwell Publishers for the Social Philosophy and Policy Center, Bowling Green State University, 1991), 172-195].
- "The Constitution: Not Just a Law - A Dissent from Misspelled Original Intent" (October 17, 1987) [published in Derailing the Constitution: The Undermining of American Federalism, edited by Edward B. McLean (Wilmington, DE: ISI Books, 1997), 61-85].
- "Eighteenth Century: Montesquieu and America" [Published in An Uncertain Legacy: Essays on the Pursuit of Liberty edited by Edward B. McLean (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 1997): 91-111].
- "The Foreign Policy of Republicanism: A Free Society in an Unfree World" [Published in George Washington: Foundation of Presidential Leadership and Character edited by Ethan Fishman, William D. Person, and Mark J. Rozell (Westport, CT: Praeger, 2001), 99-124].
- "George Washington and the Standing Oak" (June 12, 1999) [published in Patriot Sage: George Washington and the American Political Tradition edited by Gary L. Gregg II and Matthew Spalding (Wilmington, DE: ISI Books, 1999)].
- "Justice and the General Good: Federalist 51" [published in Saving the Revolution: The Federalist Papers and the American Founding edited by Charles R. Kesler (New York: The Free Press, 1987), 131-149, 293-299].
- "Machiavelli and Modernity: The Strength of Justice" [Published, adapted, in The Prince translated and edited by Angelo M. Codevilla (New Haven: Yale University Press, 1997), 101-113].
- "A New Birth of Freedom: Fulfillment of Derailment?" [Published in Slavery and its Consequences: The Constitution, Equality, and Race edited by Robert A. Goldwin (Lanham, MD: American Enterprise Institute [with University Press of America], 1988), 64-92].
- "Radical Challenges to Liberal Democracy" [Published in Toward the Renewal of Civilization: Political Order and Culture edited by T. William Boxx and Gary M. Qunilivan (Grand Rapids, MI: W. B. Eerdmans, 1998)].
- "Why I am Still Black" [Published in Inviting Transformation: Presentational Speaking for a Changing World, edited by Sonja K. Foss and Karen A. Foss, Prospect Heights, IL: Waveland Press, Inc. 1994, pp. 76-86].